Thursday, June 22, 2006

Wussup?

It's nearly been a month since I last updated my blog. I think I've lost what few readers I had :). Well what's been cooking?
  • Jon popped by Chicago from Shang Hai on a 4 week rotary tour. Unfortunately he was only able to spend 2 nights in Chicago and the rest of his time was spent out in the corn fields of Illinois - never mind, they'll be another time to hit the nightlife of the city
  • SY & I have been searching for a place in the city (technically the 'hoods). We've finally found a place in Wicker park. We're just waiting to complete the other half of the deal - reletting out current apartment. Our new place is just outside of the loop and has 2br & 1.5bthrooms. So now there's plenty of space & no reason not to come and visit us!
  • Work wise I'm saying a good bye to engineering and a hello to the business side of things at work. A move to marketting is a very likely career path. It's going to be a big change from my comfort zone of software engineering but a welcome challenge and change
  • SY & I welcome some new members to our family. 10 fish and a 10gallon fish take were given to us by our mate Yannis
  • I came so close to the best hand in Mah jong (Sup sam you) only to be robbed by a cheap 3pointer. Arggghh! So close yet so far...
Hmm that's all I can think of right now...it definitely feels like more than a month since my last post. Oh yeah t'is is the sports season. This week Miami won the NBA championship - a pleasent suprise. Dwayne Wade - what a super star. Today Australia made it through the the knock out round of the World cup. A big JIA YOU to the socceroos!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Kristian Golding said...

Believe it or not Chi, there are still some of us who check your blog :-) Hey, it was either that or do the dishes. Kidding!

Wow, interesting to hear about what is going on in your life with the transition to more of the business side of work. This is why I love the whole blogging thing - I can check up on what my friends are doing at whatever time I want. Does this transition imply you might get to work in cubes that are not grey? Will you be one of those super-hip engineering business types who work in the city and pop down for a caffè e latte at your local, hopefully non-franchised, coffee joint? (yeah, I'm still not a big Starbucks fan . . . the frapps are ok but that's about it IMHO)

Anyways, all very good.

Oh, and GO HEAT!!!! Haha, it was crazy over here in Miami that night. But dude, with Dwayne Wade on the team, could we have expected anything different? ;-p

More importantly though, GO SOCCEROOS! Awesome, awesome results like that made for a great week of sport. I can't wait for the game against Italy next week.

Wow, a PK essay.

Damn, those dishes still need to be done.

12:13 PM

 
Blogger choza said...

Wow PK, I think your comment was longer than my post :). Just for reference the business side of Mot still work in cubes.

7:42 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home