Sunday, August 20, 2006

First shower in 19mths

After dropping SY & her shopping pal off at State st, I was in a pretty cheery mood (the weather is perfect today in Chicago) and thought Helga (my car) was looking pretty tardy. It's not her fault - essentially I haven't washed her since I got her. Well she's gotten a wash everytime I take her for regular service but nothing like how I looked after Dora (my Concerto - rest her soul - in Adelaide). Dora used to get on average a full wash every 2-3wks. Today Helga got the full spa treatment, inside & out. Her mats even got a shampoo.

$20 (inc tip) is the most I've ever spent on a spa treatment for my car. Let me say though I've never seen a car washed so fast before. These blokes at fast eddy's live up to their name. 2 ppl shampoo down your car, clean your rims and scrub the car down. Then it's off to the finishing station where 2 blokes clean out the inside of your car (including along the door frames), another 2 vacuum and scrub the floor mats. They armourall the inside of your car aswell!

I'll be suprised if you're still reading up to this point. How interesting is my carwash story - really. It's not like it was Kelis' car wash with bikini babes, sponges and lots suds. That would probably set me back more than $20 with all the tips :). Anyways below is a pic of Helga in the finishing station. Unfortunately I only managed to get 1 of the 4 guys in the pic and his arse at that. Buy just look at how shiny she is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home