Monday, May 16, 2005

[Review] Giacomo's Ristorante

As mentioned in a previous post, we headed to Giacomo's Ristorante for FW's birthday celebration.

From the outside this place looked liked your typical pub. However on the inside you could tell it was an Italian joint. It was what I'd call a 'genuinly friendly' restaurant where the waiters actually appear to be interested in what you have to say. Also we were greeted by both of the owners/mgrs which was another nice thing.

The menu had a great selection of your tradional Italian fare. I haven't been to Italy yet but Pete told us it was authentic. We decided on sharing an anitpasta between the 6 of us and I chose Veal Florentine for main (american:entree). They also had italian bread with a parmaesan/herb dry dip (similar to dukkah) which I was also told was what they serve in Italy. Antipasto was nice, not quite up there with Cibo's in Adelaide but very good none the less. They didn't have the frutata/quiche/risotto ball things that I like but the cold meats & veg was good. My main was huge - and it came with a side of marinara pasta that I could have done without. Very nice mozerella cheese & the veal was cooked just right in the white wine sauce. The popular main of the night was lobster ravioli in a cream sauce topped with prawns (american:shrimp). Yannis was generous enough to share a piece and it was delicious & heavy. We were all stuffed by the end of the main, but being a special occasion we couldn't pass up dessert. I went for the tradional tiramisu which was done really well.

Service - 4.5/5
- Friendly, not overbearing and dealt with out complicated multi way splitting of the bill. Good knowledge of the menu & specials.

Food - 4.5/5
- Good quality fresh authentic food. Extensive menu but not overly big.

Value - 4/5
- I thought that the price reflected the quality of the food. For the 3 courses it ended up costing around $40 including a beer (Peroni of course :)).

Overall
- I enjoyed my dining experience here. I'd come back again as well. As is too often the case in America, Italian restaraunts think that quanitity means a happy customer. However this place delivered on both quality and quantity. Highly Recommended

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home