Monday, May 23, 2005

Wog Boy Weekend

Another great weekend in Chicago. Seems like everything gets better when the weather is decent. By decent I mean 70degF (~21degC). Friday was a half day at work and the test team went to watch Star Wars Episode III:Revenge of the Sith.

After that I caught up with the usual crew for the "no cooking fridays" dinner at Jockey's Wok'n'Roll (see review below). We then headed downtown to catch up with the Italy test team (Titziana, Levia, Gianluca & Antinino). We met up with them at Blue Chicago. This was my first trip to a Blues bar and it was pretty interesting. I'm looking forward to checking out the Chicago Blues festival coming up this summer. It was disappointing that they piked so early though. My expectations were built up. I was keen on big night. Especially coz we got such an awesome carpark. So anyway after we exchanged our 'ciaos' we tried to get into Y bar but they knocked us back coz of white sneakers. Come on. I hate when clubs are like that. So we ended up at Alumni Club in Schaumburg for a nite cap.

Saturday morning was spent watching the FA cup final. Arsenal won on penalties. The rest of the day was spent shopping for sporting stuff. I ended up with a frisbee and now am addicted. I can't get enough...I just want to keep practising to be able to throw that damn plastic plate perfectly.

Sunday I spent doing the errands and baking a sticky date pudding. Pete was hosting a Wog Boy movie night. It was great to hear some really Australian accents and slang. Get tzatziki with it is all I have to say :). As for the food it was an awesome feast - REAL greek salad made by a Greek, FW's famous rotisserie chicken, Pete's trusty bolognese & stickdate pudding for dessert. Sensational feast and the complements were flying - are rightly so. Everything was fantastic - great work Brigitte, Yannis, Fenwick & Pete - everyone's cuisine reigned supreme on Sunday. Mouth watering pictures below.






1 Comments:

Blogger Newton Campos said...

Interessante estas fotos

1:24 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home