Sunday, February 19, 2006

Daube of Beef

People often ask me if I do much cooking and if I eat in the cafteria at work. The answers are yes and no respectively. I enjoy cooking - the shopping, prep & cooking parts. Cleaning is just an unfortunate necessity. As for eating in the cafeteria well I'm pretty sick of their food - maybe it's because I always have the same thing when I go there. But that's coz all the other stuff is crap.

The next questions that often follow are where do you find the time and do you end up eating the same thing for 5 days in a row. The answer to these 2 questions is that I choose recipes on how long I can keep them/freeze them. If it's something that I can't freeze then I'll only cook a small amount. If it's something that I can freeze then I cook heaps and freeze the left overs. This allows me to defrost cooked meals when I don't have time to cook. Before SY left she cooked heaps of food so that I had some care pkgs in the freezer. Today I defrosted the second to last package :(

Below is a pic of one of the recipes that I can freeze - daube of beef. This is one of those set it and forget it kinda recipes where you cook it in the oven for 3hrs.

Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home