Sunday, August 28, 2005

The highs and lows of basketball

Basketball is a great game and much like life has highs & lows. Let me start with the highs. In our lunch time pick up games we won 5 games in a row. My team was playing some great triangle offense and we were all over the boards. As for myself it was probably my best game ever. Over half a dozen steals, 5 from 6 from the 3pt and generally taking my direct opponent to school. The only thing I couldn't keep up with was the trash talk we gave the other team after they lost 5 straight. That was a great high.

Now for the lows. 2 of them. Both resulting in trips to the hospital. The first incident was really stupid. I was shooting some hoops with my mgr and caught a rebound. No one around me. Just as I catch the ball I feel something drop into my eye. I spent the next 4hrs trying to wash the bastard out of my eye. To cut a long story short I went to the hospital and was diagnosed with a (minor) scratched cornea.

The second incident was the worst. I was shooting a 3ptr (jump shot) and landed on the defenders foot. I heard my ankle go pop. Then pain. Again to cut a long story short I end up in hospital getting x-rays. No bone damage - just a severly sprained ankle with possible ligament damage. I think I must just old (and heavier). In my more yourful days I used roll my ankle all the time and bounce right back.

So shouts to Pete & Fenwick for taking it in turns to take me to the hospital. Now I'm waiting on the bills...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home