Monday, April 25, 2005

Radio One

Seeing as I listen to it almost everyday I thought I better plug BBC's Radio One. You can listen live over the internet (this is how I do it) here. Everyone knows the UK music scene rocks and Radio One really delivers - Pete Tong, Annie Mac, Judge Jules, Annie Nightingale & Fergie just to name a few of their DJs.

Unfortunately can't say the same for US radio. As usual they go for quantity over quality. And quality doesn't mean variety either. On my round trip to and from work, it's not unsual to hear the same homie-g song at least 4 times. I got nothing against the likes of 50c, Alisha Keys and XZibit, it's the radio station programming. I'll stop my whinging now.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kristian Golding said...

Oh please don't get me started on the radio situation over here . . . I can't stand it. I've tried listening to the hip-hop stations, I really have, but 'variety' doesn't mean jack to them. I've tried the Spanish salsa stations and the DJs just say 'Hola' 'Hooooolaaaaaaaa' the whole time with a greater pitch range than a bloody piano. Plus I can't understand any of it. There ain't much else to listen to. I haven't even thought of streaming Radio One though. They did some wicked specials that I've got on mp3 by Hybrid and Way Out West and I don't know why I didn't go the extra step. Anyway I've put enough crap up on blogs today - adios!

2:32 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home