Sunday, April 10, 2005

Prosciutto & Mozzarella on Crackers

What a great late night snack
  • Prosciutto
  • sliced mozzarella
  • crackers
  • pinch of black pepper
  • Prep & Cooktime = 5mins
That sure hit the spot.

On Friday went to see Sin City. Interesting movie. I won't spoil it for those who haven't seen it but you can tell that Quentin Tarantino had a part in it. Had dinner at "Fox & Hounds". Typical pub food although I was a bit put off by the people at my table shaking their heads each time I told them "I going to have..". So ended up having a steak burger. Pretty average but what do you expect for a pub*.

On Saturday Montoo had a BBQ at his place. He's got an awesome apartment just outside of downtown with views of the Chicago skyline. Loads of meat, wine & friendly people - great "Farewell to Mr. Winter" (not the person but the season).


The eating extravaganza didn't stop there. On Sunday I was doing my rounds of the grocery stores & around 1pm I was sooo hungry that I thought it'd be wise to go home and have lunch before continuing shopping. Grocery shopping on an empty stomach - danger. So I get a phone call from Yannis saying that Bridget is cooking some traditional Trinidanian breakfast - fry bake. This is good stuff. It's a fried flour puff/pancake & you put a cilantro/tomato/chilli chunky salsa on the top. Really good stuff. So simple yet so tasty. Good work Bridget.

I'll get some pics up soon. Once I find my memory card reader that is.

One other thing that seems to be going around this weekend is Skype. I gave it a shot with some of my friends in Adelaide and it seems pretty good. We were able to have a 3-person conf call. Better than MSN which restricts you to only one converstion to one person at a time. I think it's worth checking out.

* Should read - "American pub". The exceptions being the pubs in Adelaide. eg. Havvy, rising sun, the lion, oxford - all of these pubs have top notch food.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home